Sunday, March 5, 2017

Oscar Red Carpet Fashion Inspiration


Challenge #85 is up at AAA Cards Challenge Blog - Create a CAS card inspired by Oscars Red Carpet fashions, male or female, from any year. That's 89 years worth of fashion inspiration! How fun is that??? It's easy to find Oscar fashion inspiration online. Google "Academy Awards Fashion", or do the same on Pinterest. I created a Pinterest Board to which I pinned many fashion pics that I thought would translate well into cards. If you'd like to check out my Oscar Fashion Pinterest Board, I am Stephanie Lanzalotto on Pinterest, and the board is "Oscars".  

Happy Little Stampers is sponsoring the challenge Winner will receive a $15.00 credit to the 

Hazel from hazelspaperdesigns joins the AAA Design Team as Guest Designer. Hazel is a CAS ROCK STAR!!! You can't help but be incredibly inspired when you visit her blog.

Now for my take on the challenge. When I saw Nicole Kidman's awesome gown at this year's Oscars, I knew it was THE one. 
Here it is:

Here is my take:

Those gorgeous medallions immediately made me think of PTI's Mehndi Medallion Mini Stamp Set. I stamped the images with VersaMark on SU Blush Blossom card stock and embossed them in silver. It took me a while to choose a sentiment, but it looks like Nicole is enjoying this moment in her beautiful gown, doesn't it? I die cut the word "enjoy" from SU Early Espresso card stock using PTI Wet Paint Cuts Die Collection and inlaid it on the Blush Panel Blossom. "This moment" is embossed with SSS Rose Gold EP on MFT Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX and popped up.

I had so much fun with this, and I hope that you do to. Please head on over to the AAA Cards Challenge Blog and see how the Design Team was inspired by Oscar Fashion. Then see how Oscar Fashion inspires you, create a card, and play with us!

Also playing at:

Anything Goes



11 comments:

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Amazing card, Stephanie! I must admit I am a fan of Nicole ;) - Sweet Kobylkin

Jane said...

Stunning! Fabulous dress to be inspired by and I love how your card reflects it so clearly. Great theme choice by you Stephanie, makes for very exciting and interesting DT posts!

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, I love Nicole Kidman's dress and how you've been inspired to create this beautiful card! Jo x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A superb elegant and sophisticated take on Nicole's dress Stephanie. Simply beautiful tones and a classy idea. Love it. x

Melissa L. said...

Ohhh! This is beautiful, Stephanie. I think that this is a gorgeous take on the dress. What a fun challenge. I hope that we have a good number of players!

Bobby said...

That was the perfect stamp to recreate the dress, Stephanie. It made such a lovely card and I'm glad you shared it with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Gerrina said...

Great take on the photo! And so good to use doilies again; seems like a forgotten pattern... Hugs, Gerrina

Greta said...

Oh my word--the perfect case of Nicole's gorgeous dress! I love your beautiful, elegant card!

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Stephanie, you've found a perfect dress for inspiration!
Great take on it in layout, colors and details! Big WOW! Just amazing!

Greetings from Wiebke (KomMa-designed)

Coralynn Murray said...

Love how your card is so much like the photo! I love the colours and design of your card.

Jenny Colacicco said...

Stephanie !!!!!! Wow. You made this so perfectly and that is not an easy color to match - genius. Jenny x